We are a tithing church. Our goal is for 100% of our church family to support the expansion of the Kingdom of God with their tithe.
Why? Because it is biblical and Jesus did not denounce it as practice (Matthew 23:23). Jesus did denounce using tithing as a way of evading “the weightier matters” which demand real sacrifice. The hypocrisy of the scribes and Pharisees was in hiding their unbelief within a self-invented form of theological rightness. Here is how he saw it: “Justice and mercy and faithfulness — you ought to do these things! And while you’re at it, don’t neglect tithing.”
Obedience says Yes to God, by faith in Christ, no matter what. Tithing, then, is an obedient thing to do (Malachi 3:10) . But we should not think of it as heroic and sacrificial and impressive. Tithing is Obedience 101. It is entry-level discipleship. When we tithe, we should be thinking, “Well, this is for starters. And I grow from here.” The goal is to eventually reached the spiritual maturity of the church in Jerusalem in Acts who were so committed to seeing poverty, problems and lack eliminated in their community that they even sold assets to fund the ministry of the Apostles (Acts 4:34-35). One could argue, many of them tithed 100% of their income
So let’s tithe. But let’s also press boldly into the demanding questions of justice and mercy and faithfulness, trusting and obeying Jesus no matter what the cost.
What Is Tithing?
A tithe, which just means “tenth,” is defined as the first 10% of your income that is returned to God through the local church based upon God’s promises in Malachi 3:10:
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this… and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.”
test god with a tithing challenge
If you are not presently tithing, then consider taking the 90-Day Tithing Challenge. It is a 90-day commitment to give God the first 10% of your income. We know God will respond to your obedience by fulfilling His promises. If He doesn’t hold true to His promises, Impact Church will refund 100% of your tithe.
By registering, you’ll receive an encouraging email every week that will remind you of the promise of God, increase your faith and teach you about tithing!
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. I understand this form must be completed and received by the Impact Church Finance Team prior to the beginning of the 90-Day Tithing Challenge Period.
2. I understand my household qualifies for participation because we have not been tithing regularly for the last
3. I understand I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the 90-Day Tithing Challenge Period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions
made prior to the beginning of the 90-Day Tithing Challenge Period.
4. I understand any request for refund must be received by the Impact Church Finance Team within 30 days of the end of the 90-Day Tithing Challenge Period.
5. I understand if paid at a physical Impact Church Campus, my tithe must be paid by check, or by
completed offering envelope, so that my tithe can be properly credited.
6. I understand I must log in prior to paying my tithe online, so that my tithe can be properly credited.
7. I would like to test God’s faithfulness by accepting the 90-Day Tithing Challenge. I agree that for the three month period, my household will contribute to God, through Impact Church, a tithe equal to 10% of our income. At the end of the three-month period, if I am not convinced of God’s faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that 90-Day period.
SUBMITTING THE FORM BELOW INDICATES THAT YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE 90-DAY TITHING CHALLENGE LISTED ABOVE.